One of the important things in identifying requirement is a good elevator pitch to differentiate the requirement from the existing available solutions instead of a “me too” situation.
A good elevator pitch will contain who is the target audience, what is the opportunity and how you differentiate your product. Here is how a typical elevator Pitch should be:
- For ( target customer)
- Who ( Statement of the need or opportunity )
- the ( product name) is a (product category)
- that ( key benefits, compelling reason to buy)
- Unlike ( primary competitive alternative)
- our product ( statement of primary differentiation)
The elevator pitch is often used to differentiate and identify the product requirements in a Agile type of environment. one the elevator pitch is articulated, the product owner along with the team expands the requirements further to create a product backlog.
*Visited 2682 times, 2 So far today*